2012年5月23日 星期三

Negra, si tu supieras. Enrique morente.



http://www.foroflamenco.com/printable.asp?m=58042&mpage=



Hi JB,
I don't have either of these songs, but the text of Enrique's comes from a famous collection, "Motivos de Son" by the Cuban poet Nicolás Guillén. Maybe you can find a proper translation at the library or something. The original is written in Afro-Cuban slang:

¡Ay, negra,
si tú supiera!
Anoche te bi pasá
y no quise que me biera.
A é tú le hará como a mí,
que cuando no tube plata
te corrite de bachata,
sin acoddadte de mí.

Sóngoro cosongo,
 [etc.]

No guarantees, but the rough idea (corrections welcome) is something like:

Woman, if you knew!
last night I saw you go by
without wanting you to see me.
You're gonna do to him
like you did to me,
 when I was broke
you ran off partying
and forgot all about me.

After that it's mostly nonsense words (jitanjáforas) that are used for rhythmic effect to suggest dance music.

Hope this helps

沒有留言: